HOLY HOUR:On Saturday evening from 8.15pm-9.15pm we will have a Holy Hour in the Cathedral. The Holy Hour will be weekly until the end of the current restrictions.
EVENING PRAYER: From Monday to Thursday we will Evening Prayer and Night Prayer of the Church at 7.30pm.
FIRST FRIDAY: Friday is the First Friday of the month. Unfortunately due to Level 5 restrictions the priest will not be able to call with Holy Communion to the sick and housebound, but be assured that all will be remembered in the Masses on Friday.
FORMS OF FRIDAY PENANCE: The following are ways of fulfilling Friday penance:
- Abstaining from meat or some other food
- Abstaining from alcoholic drink or smoking.
- Making a special effort at involvement in family prayer.
- Making a special effort to participate in Mass on Friday’s.
- Visiting the Blessed Sacrament.
- Making the Stations of the Cross.
- Fasting from all food for a longer period than usual and perhaps giving what is saved to the needy.
- Helping the poor, sick, old or lonely.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS: The Way of the Cross will be prayed each Friday evening at 6.45pm and you can join with us on www.longfordparish.com